Show local basemap on global app

10-21-2021 07:50 AM
GeorgeKhristoforov
New Contributor

In our work we use specialized basemaps and we want them to be available to global users. Now such users have access to a list of all basemaps - not local ones of our organization as we want. We have already seen similar topics on the forum, but a custom widget from one of the topics does not give results. Maybe there is an updated version of it or another solution?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
GeorgeKhristoforov
New Contributor

for new applications, the same problem: local basemaps are not selected for global users

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@GeorgeKhristoforov 

What web application are you using? I want to see if I can reproduce this issue on my end.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
GeorgeKhristoforov
New Contributor

Experiece Builder. Try to publish any app and open it with incognito mode on yur browser. GeorgeKhristoforov_0-1634836225038.png

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@GeorgeKhristoforov 

I did what you said and I published a blank map in the experience building which has all my basemaps that I configured for use in my basemap gallery.  Here is the app, try and see if you can see it:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/9b4d07a39c56496baa51d9d4ce3a051f/ 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
GeorgeKhristoforov
New Contributor

GeorgeKhristoforov_0-1634837416145.png

I see all standart basemaps on this list. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@GeorgeKhristoforov 

Yes... i see the same thing too.  This doesn't make sense since all my items in the basemap gallery are shared, marked as authoritative, and even shared to open data.  Question... do you have to use the experience builder?  I know there is a way to customize the basemap in the web app builder to show your custom basemaps.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
GeorgeKhristoforov
New Contributor

Unfortunately, we need an experience builder.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@GeorgeKhristoforov 

I think I have a solution for you!  I created a web app in the classic web map and web app viewer where I customized my basemap settings. I copied the URL from the web app. I then created a blank experience builder and used the embed widget to paste my URL from the web app.  It now shows my web app viewer with custom basemap selector in the experience builder!

Check it out:  https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/c53a659d1c3d453ca70c3b1653e3894a 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
GeorgeKhristoforov
New Contributor

It's very nice, but all other widgets (lists, filters, tabs) in our ExB app configure with map. We can't use our settings with embed widget. 

0 Kudos