Selection in chart not zooming to features in map?

Jump to solution
03-21-2022 01:30 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there, 

I would like my chart to filter, select and zoom to selected features in the map. At the moment it selects and filters but does not zoom to the features.

This is how my chart actions are set up

Hayley_0-1647894512351.png

And this is the map 

Hayley_1-1647894570172.png

Hayley_2-1647894582043.png

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated thanks 🙂

HL
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Hayley and @Ashok,

I dug for a while and found that this should be a known limitation at this moment. For W-Chart & W-Map interactions, there are only Flash and Filter supported. It appears that the options of "Zoom" and "Pan" in the Chart widget were not removed from the UI so it is documented here: ExB Chart widget > interaction options note

TonghuiMing_1-1649835453462.png

For this function itself -

From my understanding, unlike the Query widget, which directly utilizes the added data source, Chart creates an output data source (i.e. Chart statistics) right when data gets rendered. Once that happens, it lost all geospatial reference, thus, there is no way to get the extent for zoom or pan which depends on geometry, when you select anything from the Chart widget.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ashok
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am also facing similar issue. Not able to zoom to feature, where as I can able to do select, flash. 

Do you have any further update/enhancement on your post. If you have any success, please share.

Thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos
Hayley
by

Hi Ashok, I spoke to an Esri consultant and they were quite certain that it is not possible as there is no "geometric values" in the statistical chart?

HL
0 Kudos
Ashok
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

But we are able to select/flash the feature on Select Data Records Trigger/Action.

Then why we are not able to zoom to feature.

Can any ESRI people respond on this. Or please let us know if it can be implemented in future releases. 

Because it is very common functionality that any user can look for zoom to feature on bar chart item click.

Thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos
Hayley
by

Yes that's what I thought, can someone from Esri please touch base on this?

HL
0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Hayley and @Ashok,

I dug for a while and found that this should be a known limitation at this moment. For W-Chart & W-Map interactions, there are only Flash and Filter supported. It appears that the options of "Zoom" and "Pan" in the Chart widget were not removed from the UI so it is documented here: ExB Chart widget > interaction options note

TonghuiMing_1-1649835453462.png

For this function itself -

From my understanding, unlike the Query widget, which directly utilizes the added data source, Chart creates an output data source (i.e. Chart statistics) right when data gets rendered. Once that happens, it lost all geospatial reference, thus, there is no way to get the extent for zoom or pan which depends on geometry, when you select anything from the Chart widget.

Hayley
by

Thanks for your response! I hope there is a workaround this in the near future as it is a major setback. 

HL
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

We will look into that and see if there will be any enhancement possibilities.