Select to view content in your preferred language

Row to column in table?

04-07-2023 12:00 PM
KBKnight
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am trying to make a snappy looking page on experience builder. Basically, on another page view on this ExB, a person can select their property on a map and see some basic details. On this page, there's info about the selected features. I want to grab some cells from the database about this property and put them into a snappy looking table (see the attached version from another county). But in the example I'm showing, the data are in two columns that would be both the field names in my database and then the info from one row about one property. 

If I insert a table widget then it's going to give me just one long row with columns for all of the things I'd like to show. If I insert a feature info widget I get it displayed vertically, but it's showing more rows than I want for this dataset (I have another view that uses the feature info widget so I need to use all that info in that other view). 

The only thing I can think of is to stack text boxes with dynamic text in a block. This seems terribly time consuming and wasteful. Is there another more elegant way to transpose date from the attribute table into a vertical table?

table from row.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @KBKnight 

Currently table widget does not support display records by column. For feature info widget, it does not support customize fields to be displayed either (I think it's a good point though) - since fields cannot be configured in expression builder when creating data views.

A possible walkaround:

• In ArcGIS Online or your Portal, create a view layer from the layer you use, select only fields you would like to display

       Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 16.42.04.png

• In Experience builder, add a feature info widget and use this field-customized view layer as data source. Choose Selected view

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 16.41.36.png

• Configure a Record selection changes action from the widget you would like to interact with (I used a table as an example), target the framework and choose this field-customized view layer as target dataScreenshot 2023-04-12 at 16.40.51.png
  • When switch selection from table, record in feature info will change accordingly, with fields you specified in the view layer.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 16.44.30.png

Shen Zhang
Maartenvan_der_Veen
New Contributor

Hi @Shen_Zhang ,

This is already super useful for me. Is there a way now, to filter the feature table so it wont show rows with a zero value? This would be super useful to reduce the lenght of the feature table, based on the selected element.

best ,

lotte

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

You can go to the Data tab to add an SQL clause to filter the feature table. Please note these SQL clauses apply to all the widgets that are using the same data.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 09.43.33.png

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 09.44.38.png

Shen Zhang