Select to view content in your preferred language

Option to "Click to restore the map extent and layers visibility where you left off"?

02-05-2024 10:06 AM
Labels (2)
TrishPatterson
New Contributor II

Is there an option to "click to restore the map extent and layers visibility where you left off" in experience builder like there is in ArcGIS WebApp Builder? I would like my end users to be able to turn layer's on/off and view the last area of interest like they can in WebApp Builder. Is there any way to do this in Experience Builder?

7 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

This is not currently an option (unless you develop a custom widget).

This is a widely requested feature. Throw some support onto this idea, so they get around to building it.

Save Session Widget for Experience Builder - Esri Community

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

For the OOTB features, this option is not there yet. However, we are aware of the request and will evaluate this along the roadmap. Thanks for bringing it up.

JamieWallace
New Contributor II

What's crazy is that they keep saying the same thing, and have been for years now.  They're evaluating it.  I don't know what it means, but it doesn't mean that they're building it.  I was told a few ESRI conferences back that there's a push for customers to use EB over WAB.  Why the same functionality isn't across the board is beyond me.  

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@JamieWallace , thank you for letting us know the importance of this capability to the migration. It is on the roadmap. As individual widget also has its own functional parity, we will publish a table in two weeks, showing which functions are planned or not planned for each widget alongside planned/unplanned capabilities at the app level like this one. So you are aware of what's in the pipeline. Thanks for being patient with us.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TrishPatterson 

With the URL parameters provided, you can now use the General setting and choose to share the map's extent & center & scale, or viewpoint:

TonghuiMing_1-1710818009354.png

0 Kudos
TrishPatterson
New Contributor II

Thanks. I am aware of the sharing options. However, as explained in the original post, I just want the end users to be able to turn layer's on/off and view the last area of interest like they can in WebApp Builder. And while saving as a bookmark is another option, it is an extra step that can be avoided if this option was available. 

CM0001
by
New Contributor II

We will not migrate to EB until this function exists.

0 Kudos