New Print Widget output does not show graphics from Draw widget

Jump to solution
06-24-2022 01:10 PM
Labels (1)
BrantSollis2
New Contributor III

I am testing out the much needed Print widget in Experience Builder, and I noticed that only some of my graphics from the Draw widget are showing up in my exported maps.  The issue seems to be persistent on the Line and Polygon tools, but Rectangle and Circle seem to work occasionally.  

As shown in the preview:

All styles of graphic show in Map ViewAll styles of graphic show in Map View

Output from the Print Widget (map only): 

Only Rectangle and Circle are shown in output.Only Rectangle and Circle are shown in output.

This behavior seems to occur regardless of what layout or format options are used.  I'm assuming it may be a bug, but has anyone seen similar behavior? 

Thanks, 

Brant

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrantSollis2 @MarcoPoetsch - The graphics drawn from the Draw widget should display properly when using the Print widget now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrantSollis2 , could you please try something similar in the new map viewer and see if the problem occurs there? This will help us narrow down where the problem is as both new map viewer and Experience Builder use the printing capability of JSAPI 4. Thanks.

cc to @ShengdiZhang 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The Draw widget does not use the mechanism with Map Viewer (Map notes in classic or Sketch layers in the new version), so a comparison with Map Viewer would not be quite relevant.

@BrantSollis2 We will take a look at this.

0 Kudos
BrantSollis2
New Contributor III

@Jianxia @TonghuiMing 
Thank you both for following up!  I did test it in the new Map Viewer, and the behavior is as expected (all sketches shown in the output).  

@TonghuiMing As you stated, it appears the New Map Viewer uses a different mechanism for drawing graphics.  Is it possible to use Sketch Layers in ExpBuilder? The map viewer already has the important functionality of adding Text graphics and snapping. 

-Brant

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The Map Viewer builds its advanced functionality (such as the text you mentioned) on top of the Sketch widget, as the function of MV itself. Thus, it is not possible for us to reuse any of those, unfortunately.

Good thing is that there is already an Esri Support request for text symbols (ENH-000121392), as well as the request in the community for the API Sketch widget - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-api-for-javascript-ideas/sketch-widget-include-text-option/idc-...

As for the snapping function, it is doable as an enhancement since Sketch already supports it. Feel free to post it in ExB Ideas or bring it up via Esri Support and we will evaluate based on the feedback. Thanks.

0 Kudos
FredericPoliart_EsriAU
Occasional Contributor II

Print Widget: Great addition! 

* Is there a way to specify an output other than .png? (ex: pdf file)
* The line and polygon from your draw widgets don't seem to be pushed forward onto the Print geoprocessing task. (drawn points do work)
* Is there a printWidget and drawWidget we can download separately for ExB Developer Edition?

thank you

Also : your draw widget shows some size, colors, transparency but then that section disappears as soon as I draw one point on the map .

FredericPoliart_EsriAU_0-1656293257036.png

Next: draw text (color/font/rotation) and Callout bubbles? 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

the draw widget shows some size, colors, transparency but then that section disappears as soon as I draw one point on the map .

FredericPoliart_EsriAU_0-1656293257036.png

@FredericPoliart_EsriAU - The settings below relate to the type of the point symbols. For vector symbols (like the default one), it has the fill/outline/transparency settings; for picture symbols, these settings are not applicable except for the size customization - this is expected.

TonghuiMing_0-1656298049530.png

0 Kudos
MarcoPoetsch
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @Jianxia and co,

I have a related problem.
I draw polygons, lines and points on the map, but only the point are getting printed.

This is what I drew:

MarcoPoetsch_0-1656304935666.png

This is what I get:

MarcoPoetsch_1-1656305004846.png

And, interestingly, this is what i get after modifying (moving) all drawings:

MarcoPoetsch_2-1656305077962.png

0 Kudos
MatAzzopardiRWE
New Contributor III

I'm currently experiencing a problem with the print widget............viewing the PDF in Chrome/Edge, the text appears fine, however, on opening in PDF application, AerialUnicodeMS is missing and showing all text as DOTS.

MatAzzopardiRWE_1-1656320309339.png

0 Kudos
JianxiaSong
New Contributor II

@MatAzzopardiRWE , this is strange. cc to  @TanuHoque  for help.

0 Kudos