Select to view content in your preferred language

Map freezes or locks up when panning or zooming too quickly.

11-02-2023 08:53 AM
Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

Ever since last week's update, my primary experience builder site has been problematic.  The map freezes or locks up every time I use it.  So far it seems to happen if I pan or zoom the map quickly.  Has anyone else experienced something like this in the last week since the update?

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/e0cb28f6724346a2bb366f45b3ca6af9/

Thanks!

10 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@Matt-Barrett, thanks for letting us know. We are investigating it. @TonghuiMing 

0 Kudos
Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  If it matters, I'm generally running chrome.  (Version 118.0.5993.118 (Official Build) (64-bit))  However, it  appears to not be a problem in Firefox (119.0 (64-bit)) so far.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Emm...this looks weird. Tested using the provided sample app, on Mac or mobile devices, the zooming/paning works fine without freezing the app.

Just for more info - 

Is the zoom/pan behavior done through a touchpad or mouse? Also, does your Chrome enable the function of "Memory saver"?

0 Kudos
Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

I use a basic mouse with a scroll wheel.  However, memory saver in chrome was turned on.  I've turned that feature off to see if that has an impact.  (I didn't even know it was a thing!)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Coastal_and_Marine_Geospatial_
New Contributor

Using MS Edge browser, the Experience Builder (AGOL version) design interface slows to a crawl and becomes severely unresponsive after adding ~10-20 analysis layers in the Near Me widget configuration.

Edge starts giving me a "This page isn't responding" pop-up (Wait or Leave Page). Same issue when Edge's tracking protection and enhanced security settings are disabled.

The experience works great/performant in preview, but once this issue begins after adding enough layers in the Near Me configuration, I am not able to work on any other part of the Experience in designer because it becomes too unresponsive.

No issues with any other widgets hanging up the Experience designer interface so far just the Near Me widget.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Coastal_and_Marine_Geospatial_ thanks for reporting it, Will you be able to share your app with us? We will look into it.

0 Kudos
QunSun
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@Matt-Barrett I can't reproduce this issue. Could you reach out to Esri Tech Support for a follow-up ticket? They will help create an environment that we can further test.

Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

I've been having issues with my desktop as well.  Dell is coming today to hopefully fix it, so I'll re-evaluate after that is done.  So far it seems to be an issue isolated to chrome and possibly only this PC, as I haven't been able to reproduce it anywhere else myself either.  I'll reply here with the results after my computer repair today.  (I'm told it's a processor issue, and that they may swap out the motherboard.  It's a 3.9 ghz xeon with some ungodly number of cores, you'd think it wouldn't have issues like this.)

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

It may have actually been a failing video card in my desktop system.  The Dell guy just left after having swapped it out with a new one.  So far it's working great.  I was also having trouble with ArcGIS Pro Desktop, that didn't seem to be software related.  Then the fan on my video card started making crazy noise, but it took almost a month to get Dell to diagnose it correctly.