Select to view content in your preferred language

Interactivity between selection, multiple source of data and Filter Widget

10-30-2023 03:09 AM
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor III

Hello community,

I want to know how to create the best interactivity between multiple data sources and the filter widget.

In my case, I have 3 data sources: Buildings (Entity Class; Source 1), Transaction (Table; Source 2) and Deals (Table; Source 3).

I have a common identifier that I use to create interactivity between my map and my two tables. If I click on a building on my map, it selects and filters on my tables the offers and the transaction linked to the identifier common to the selected building.

I want to add a step before. I would like to allow my colleagues to filter the building data to only have the buildings that interest them on the map. And, for ergonomic use, I would like to have an update of my Transactions and Offers table based on what is filtered by users on the Building data. (In my logic, the application can understand which buildings remain and use the remaining ids to perform an action on the other tables that have the common id).

I try with the action trigger on the map but it doesn't work because the trigger only works if you CLICK on the map to select one or more features. If you use a filter widget, the application does not understand the filter on the map as being a selection of the feature, therefore it does not select/filter my other tables.

Is it possible to configure something like this?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I was working on an article/investigation along these lines this morning and I couldn't make it work.

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/using-one-datasource-to-filter-anot...

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
JasonBOCQUET

Hi, it's a very bad news for me. We need to do that for our colleagues, it one of the major objective of the application.

Do you think it is possible to do that by the developer edition ?

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You should be able to build a custom widget that filters both layers in Developer Edition.

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/query-filter/#client-side-filtering

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

I think it's gonna be hard (i never develop custom widget) but if I have no choice... that's only my way to succeed. Thanks !

0 Kudos