Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter table from multiple widgets action

07-26-2023 10:36 PM
Moi_Nccncc
New Contributor III

I have two table widgets. When the user selects a value from Widget 1, it filters "Table A" on the map based on the selected Category. However, when the user selects a value from Widget 2, I want "Table A" to be filtered on the map based on the combined selection from both Widget 1 and Widget 2.

Here's the structure of "Table A":

ObjectID Category Zone

The filtering logic should work as follows:

1. When the user selects a value from Widget 1, "Table A" should be filtered to show only rows where the Category matches the selected value.

2. When the user selects a value from Widget 2, "Table A" should be filtered to show only rows where both the Category matches the selected value from Widget 1 and the Zone matches the selected value from Widget 2.

For example:

• If the user selects Category 1 from Widget 1, the table should be filtered to show rows with ObjectID 1 and 3.

• If the user then selects Zone 1 from Widget 2 (while Category 1 is still selected in Widget 1), the table should be further filtered to show only the row with ObjectID 1.

How can I implement the filtering based on both widgets' selections effectively?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

@DanJiang the user is on Portal for ArcGIS 10.9.1. It was released in Nov 2021. This is equivalent to Experience Builder 1.5. The current release of ArcGIS Online is on Experience Builder 1.12.

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/release-versions/

There's a good chance that the builder has changed significantly over the 7 updates to Experience Builder and the underlying JS API.

I can't see anything specific in the release notes to confirm if it will/won't work for the user's environment, but it's probably worthwhile to test in an equivalent environment.

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/whats-new/

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Yes, there could be bug fixes among those releases. 

0 Kudos
Moi_Nccncc
New Contributor III

cannot access your sample (Public Account user cannot access this application.) 😞

0 Kudos
Moi_Nccncc
New Contributor III

I have public account so I am not able to access you sample.

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

@Moi_Nccncc sorry about that. I've shared the app public, please try again. 

0 Kudos