Select to view content in your preferred language

Refresh chart after starting the app with filter

07-16-2023 03:43 AM
KamilNovák
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have created a custom filter widget for ArcGIS Experience Builder (but same issue is with default filter widget). This filter widget filter the data immediately after the application starts. There is also a chart in this app, which is attached to the filtered data.

Problem is that the chart is not sometimes refreshed with filtered data. It depends on the loading order of the widgets.

The issue is shown here:

filter.gif

Is there any way how to resolve this problem with default ExB tools or how can I wait for loading chart widget in my custom filter widget programmatically?

Same issue is with editing. This chart is not refreshed if I edit the feature.

Thanks.

Kamil

4 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @KamilNovák ,

Thanks for your feedback! Based on my understanding, you have encountered two problems: 

1. After the filter in Filter widget applied, chart does not always get updated, but sometimes works well. 

2. If feature is edited and updated, the chart is not getting updated immediately. 

Unfortunately I cannot repro your problems on my with my data. 
For the first problem, please make sure the chart is using the same data source and data view the filter widget is using. For the second problem, make sure you enable the "Auto refresh" for the data source. 

WeiYing1_0-1691104248722.png

If you are still seeing the problem. Would you mind share your repro app for us to take a look. 

Thanks,

Wei  

0 Kudos
KamilNovák
New Contributor III

Hi @WeiYing1,

thank you for your reply. Yes, there was two problems you describe. 

1. I solved this by installing the latest version of ExB Developer 1.12. Before that I had 1.10 version. The chart is using the same data source and data view as the filter widget is using. However another chart in this app not using the same data view - filter widget is using all data in the data source, the chart is using part of this data within data view. So it's interesting that it works with the new ExB version, and it didn't work with 1.10 version.

2. Yes, this problem can be solved by "Auto refresh" setting. But I was kind of hoping that there would be something like a trigger in the background that would run an update of the data context of the entire application after editing features. So "Auto refresh" setting is the standard way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Kamil

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @KamilNovák ,

Glad to hear that the problems are solved. 
1. If the problem was previous happening with 1.10, and works with 1.12, it may be a bug that we fixed. 
2. Yes, we recommend to use "Auto refresh" setting to trigger update at framework level. And you can control the refresh time.

Thanks,
Wei 

0 Kudos
KamilNovák
New Contributor III

Hi @WeiYing1,

thank you for explanation.

Kamil

0 Kudos