Experience Builder Table Widget - Change Field Names

Jump to solution
05-21-2021 01:31 PM
ctalleygreenville
New Contributor III

Happy Friday,

I am using the Table Widget in Experience Builder.  When configuring fields in the Widget, I can select fields for initial display to reduce the number of fields needed.  The problem is that the widget is defaulting to the Field name in the table. 

Note: This is a stand alone table that is in a map service published from our ArcGIS server and has been loaded into a Web Map.  The table is not a hosted feature layer nor has it been added as an item in ArcGISOnline (beyond being in a webmap).  For the widget, I am choosing the table from the WebMap when choosing data from the widget.  I am not choosing the table directly from the map service.

Since there doesn't appear to be a way to alter the field names in the widget, I tried changing the field name in the web map to display as I want them (ie. configure the attributes in the popup).  But the field names still show as the original in the Table in Experience.

Am I wrong in thinking that since I added the table to the widget from the WebMap data source that the field names should use what I configured in the Web Map?  

Or am I going to have to go back to Pro and set the aliases on the layer in the project and republish?

For reasons of simplification, I was hoping not to have to add the table as an item in ArcGIS Online and change aliases there.

Thanks,

Carmen

14 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Hi all, thanks for the feedback! The table widget currently does not honor web map settings. Field names are stick to aliases on the layer. But the widget, in the near future, will allow you to choose from two modes: honor pop-up settings/customize field names. Hope it helps!

DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

That's great news. Is there any specific timeline on this? Our current headers won't make much sense to our end users unless we can display the alias.

TianWen
Esri Contributor

We understand this feature is in urgent need. We'll try to prioritize the enhancement within our current work. Thank you!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there an update to this yet? ETA for next update of Experience Builder?

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey everyone, looks like the update is coming in December to support the honoring of pop-up field name settings: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/what-s-coming-in-2021-december/bc-p/111...