Experience Builder - Query widget results

Jump to solution
04-30-2021 12:56 PM
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

I have an Experience Builder application (in AGO) with a query widget. The first part of the query widget works as expected, it returns correct results. But then I am trying to setup some Activities for on the query widget, and I cannot get the activities to work as expected. 

Attached is an image that shows an example of the results that I get when preforming a query. So I get 4 results they are getting selected on the map and map zooms to them - that tells me that the 'Records Created' configuration works. But next, I would like to click on the individual results in my Result List and have map zoom and/or pan to that location. That part doesn't seem to work, and I cannot figure out if there is something that I am doing wrong, or if there is a bug here. Perhaps that issue is happening because I have clustering enabled? 

One other thing I would like to be able to change is the yellow highlight color of features on the map, but I cannot find a way to do it. 

Appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks,

Nataliya

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

We have a bug open on this issue where the zoom to doesn't work other in other projections besides wgs84 or web mercator. Here is the bug -000137888 # if you would like to follow it. As for changing the symbol, I just checked the code and the method getDefaultSymbol source code isn't available to change the symbology. 

Cheers,

David

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nataliya,

Your triggers and actions look correct. What coordinate system is your data in?  As for the symbol color used for the results graphic, this is currently hardcoded right now and we will have a way to change the symbology in a future release.

Thanks,

David  

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

@DavidMartinez  My data is in Nebraska State Plane coordinate system. 

Also, since the symbol for the selected graphic is hardcoded, would there be a way for me to modify it in ExpBldr Developer Edition? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

We have a bug open on this issue where the zoom to doesn't work other in other projections besides wgs84 or web mercator. Here is the bug -000137888 # if you would like to follow it. As for changing the symbol, I just checked the code and the method getDefaultSymbol source code isn't available to change the symbology. 

Cheers,

David

NataliyaLys

Got it. I republished my service with the Coordinate System (under map properties) set to Web Mercator, and that fixed my problem.

Thanks,

AndyWells

Is there any workaround for this bug? Republishing all my layers in WGS84 is not really feasible. The pan-to works fine, but not being able to zoom to the result is a problem. Can I add a "Zoom to" on the pop-up itself?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

@AndyWells In working with Dev edition 1.5 query widget my zoom-to message action for query results does seem to work in development for my State Plane layer.  However, when I downloaded and unzipped my solution to my web server, the query widget does not display any of it's elements - it's just a blank white box. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  maybe something to do with the re-direct uri's - even though everything is public (although the portal does not allow anonymous access)

@DavidMartinez 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
JonasPersson
New Contributor II

@DavidMartinez 

Hi David! What's the status of the issue where the zoom/pan to doesn't work other in other projections besides wgs84 or web mercator? We're using layers in ESPG:3008 från our ArcGIS Servers in the AGOL Experience Builder. When using zoom/pan to an object selected in table or list widget, the map widget pans to a location in the middle of the ocean on the other side of the globe. It seems related to the problems described here.

Also, when can I find information about the mentioned bug 000137888?

Regards, Jonas

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP
MVP

@DavidMartinez 

I am also having these issues 2 years later.. what is the status?

0 Kudos