Experience Builder - query widget - result list

Jump to solution
04-27-2022 03:32 PM
AssociazioneTerras
New Contributor II

Hi, how can I set up the "record selection changes" trigger in the query widget so that I can select an item in the result list and automatically selected ONLY the corresponding feature on the map, not all the query results? screenshot below. 

query_widget_issue.PNG

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AssociazioneTerras - after further checking, I think it is caused by the configuration.

First, change your map selection color - the previously defined color is the same as the default symbol color for the "Show on map" action (bright yellow):

TonghuiMing_0-1651203292723.png

Second, the framework-level message action for Record selection changes is still needed (it appears that the one yesterday was removed now). Once you configure it correctly, the desired behavior should appear (I changed the color to red and it shows correctly):

TonghuiMing_2-1651203622419.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@AssociazioneTerras I gave it a try, and the selection behavior seems correct:

TonghuiMing_0-1651109006965.png

Could you elaborate more on the "selecting all the query results" process? The yellow highlight represents the results from the action "Show on map", and I did not see any selections on the query widget in your screenshot either.

0 Kudos
AssociazioneTerras
New Contributor II

Thanks @TonghuiMing when you select Albany in the results list it is then highlighted in cyan. This is not happening in my case.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

If that's the case, is it possible to share the app so that we can take a look? It can also relate to other effects such as map pop-up settings or something else.

0 Kudos
AssociazioneTerras
New Contributor II

Sure @TonghuiMing  here is the link: https://terracruda.org/mea select map in the menu on the top right corner

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I can reproduce it and we will take a look.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AssociazioneTerras - after further checking, I think it is caused by the configuration.

First, change your map selection color - the previously defined color is the same as the default symbol color for the "Show on map" action (bright yellow):

TonghuiMing_0-1651203292723.png

Second, the framework-level message action for Record selection changes is still needed (it appears that the one yesterday was removed now). Once you configure it correctly, the desired behavior should appear (I changed the color to red and it shows correctly):

TonghuiMing_2-1651203622419.png

0 Kudos
AssociazioneTerras
New Contributor II

thanks @TonghuiMing!, all working properly now. Just another question, if I change the zoom scale from Automatic to Custom in the "record selection changes - Zoom to" action, the map is not centered correctly on the selected feature... why? 

0 Kudos
AssociazioneTerras
New Contributor II

Hi @TonghuiMing any idea about the above issue?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@AssociazioneTerras I tried the app, and it works fine for me - select record, it centered correctly:

TonghuiMing_0-1652929873014.png

P.S. when you execute the Query, and then prior to the feature selection, the map zooms to all the queried features, which seems correct to me as well:

TonghuiMing_1-1652929992257.png

0 Kudos