Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience builder: Filter Data Records stopped working

Jump to solution
03-25-2024 12:53 PM
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I have an Experience Builder page with three tables and a map that I created a couple of years ago. It is hosted on ArcGIS Online, as well as the data that feeds it. Data from the three tables are related to one another through GlobalId-GUID relationships.

1. Top table: "Trip", this is the parent table.
  2. Middle table: "Deployment", this is the child of the Trip table (1:M).
  3. Bottom table: "End Deployment", this is the child of the Deployment table (1:1).

When a user clicks on the top table, the selection triggers a "Filter data records" action for the middle table. Then, a user can click on that filtered middle table to filter the bottom table (using the same "Filter data records" action. This has worked fine until recently. Now, when you click the middle table without first filtering it, it still shows the related data in the bottom table, but if you click the top table and then the middle table, the bottom table is blank (no selections).

I have tried removing and recreating these data actions in the Experience Builder editor, but can't seem to solve it. I don't know what else to do to troubleshoot. Does anyone have ideas?

TravisSizemore_1-1711393155246.png

TravisSizemore_2-1711395963411.png

TravisSizemore_0-1711393118404.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @TravisSizemore , 

Thank you for reporting the issue. We've released a patch for online tonight and it should be working now. 

Thanks, 

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @TravisSizemore , 

Thank you for reporting the issue. We've released a patch for online tonight and it should be working now. 

Thanks, 

Dan

0 Kudos
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

You're welcome and thanks for looking into this. The original problem is corrected, but it still doesn't work as it used to. Now if I filter the top and then middle table it selects properly. If I then clear those selections and filter from the bottom up it won't work. In other words, if I select an End Deployment (after previously filtering the aformentioned way), no Deployments are selected. If I refresh the page and then select an End Deployment, it works as intended.

Thanks!

Travis

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

@TravisSizemore  We could not reproduce the issue you mentioned. With the same configuration of the three tables, the filtering action works as expected in the following scenarios.

case 1. click table 1, table 2 get filtered, then click table 2, table 3 get filtered. 

case 2. with the result from case1, click table 3, table 2 get filtered. 

case 3. clear all selections for table 1, 2, 3. click table 3, table 2 get filtered. 

I noticed that you mentioned "no Deployments are selected". Please be aware the action you configured is a filter action, no records will be automatically selected. Perhaps you can try review / reconfigure the actions? If the issue still happens, could you provide us a sample app?

0 Kudos
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

I tested again this morning, and all appears to work just fine. Maybe I clicked something weird yesterday. Thanks again so much for all your help!

Cheers,

Travis

DanJiang
Esri Contributor

You are welcome. Glad to know it's working. 

0 Kudos