Select to view content in your preferred language

Search Widget coordinates search not working

03-27-2024 10:28 AM
Labels (1)
RachappaBellappa1
Emerging Contributor

Hi

We are using OOB search widget with our GeoCode server to do the search. Somehow AGO geocode service is able to search if we enter lat/lon where as from our geocode services lat/lon search is not working. Any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Rachappa

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

To clarify, you are using the Search Widget, not the search bar that is built into the Map Widget, correct?

When using the Search Widget, it is important to remember that it will only search using sources that you explicitly configure it to work with. So if the geocoder you connected it to is not set up to handle lat/long searches, the Search Widget won't do lat/long searches.

If you configure the Search Widget with a lat/long capable geocoder, like the World Geocoding Service, it should work as expected.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
RachappaBellappa1
Emerging Contributor

Thanks @JeffreyThompson2 I am using search widget and not search bar, I checked the geocode service and it does shows it's capable of handling lat/lon search. Since it has supported operations Find ADdress Candidates, Reverse Geocode, Geocode Address. 
 I compared search options display fields for AGO geocode vs onprem and bboth seems to be similar

RachappaBellappa1_0-1711563574515.png

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RachappaBellappa1 ,

When you say "lat/lon search is not working," are you referring to the search returning "No result" after entering a coordinate?

If so, is the "No result" appearing in the suggestion, or is it the actual search result after pressing enter?

If it is an issue with the suggestion showing "No result",  we currently have plans to improve this.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
RachappaBellappa1
Emerging Contributor

Thanks @ShengdiZhang, geocode AGO service is working as expected, our custom geocode service is not returning, we checked configurations but all look similar to AGO. Also if both sources are there it doesn't show the results at all. Please check the screenshots below 

RachappaBellappa1_2-1711637162988.png

RachappaBellappa1_1-1711637042541.png

Is there any checks that we can perform

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Would you mind sharing your custom geocoding service with me? Or you can contact the Support team to see if they can help you reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos