Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Feature Info for Multiple Layers

07-08-2020 12:47 PM
ChristopherEby2
Regular Contributor

I have a web map with 13 layers. I'd like my experience builder app to have a side bar with a Feature Info widget that changes to show the details of the selected feature no matter which feature is selected. Is there a way to do this?

Right now I can only see how to associate a Feature Info widget with a single layer. I don't see a way to show or hide widgets based on selections so I can't create a Feature Widget for each layer and show them when their respective layer is selected.

38 Replies
K_Jueckstock
Occasional Contributor

thank you!! looking forward to it 🙂

wliu
by
Emerging Contributor

We are working on this but just saw your reply. This will be useful and open up a lot of design options. Hope to see it soon in the coming month.

0 Kudos
TimWestern
Frequent Contributor

My advice, to accomplish something this dynamic, you may need to make a custom widget that has inside of its folder structure, sub components that look like widgets but aren't exposed as their own widget.  By that I mean, if your main file is in:

widget_folder/src/widget.tsx
you might have your subcomponents in
widget_folder/src/lib/ui
water-sources-ui.tsx
mineral-sources-ui.tsx

(and you would import them in your widget like 

import {WaterDataUI} from './lib/ui/water-sources-ui.tsx';

And in that ui folder you might have separate display for each of the data sources then you have logic somewhere either in widget.tsx or another intermediate function or class (in the same widget file or another file) which then decides which one to load)

You can do conditional showing of parts of the UI based on values set in state and or props, so this is one way you can attack that.

0 Kudos
TimWestern
Frequent Contributor

oh and one more thing you might want to consider.

Both JIMU and Calcite have versions of Tabs and Tab controls which can provide an in widget navigation for displaying different views of data.

0 Kudos
Shauna-RaeBrown
Frequent Contributor

My users already had that in our old WAB!  Additionally, a side panel for all pop-up results mean that you're able to see the feature below, whereas the actual pop-up covers/obscures the feature.

WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

At the coming June release, the Feature Info does support multiple layers. Please stay tuned. 

JasonSimpson
Occasional Contributor

Has ESRI announced an official release date for the June 2024 update of EB? Thanks in advance. 

Megan2
by
Occasional Contributor

Came here to ask the same! I'm building an ExperienceBuilder app for utilities and as there are easily 5-10 layers associated with any given utility system, I need to be able to allow the user to select any one of them and see the attributes, rather than being limited to just stormwater manholes, for example. Anxiously awaiting this update!! 

0 Kudos
AndreaR
Occasional Contributor

Currently building an Experience Builder app that really needs this functionality - is there a date yet for the June release that will include this update?

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I believe the next Online update is scheduled for June 26, 2024.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas