Select to view content in your preferred language

Embed Experience builder app as an iframe in website

05-30-2023 04:00 AM
ShiraKellerMandel
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to know if it is supported by Esri to Embed Experience builder app in iframes in external websites.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
NiklasKöhn
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

picking this up because I was just made aware of the issue by a customer who needs it.
@WeiYing1: It's actually not so hard to create your own example. Just create a basic experience with a WebMap in it and see how it behaves in an iFrame.
I did exactly that and the issue is there: Embedding a protected experience in the iFrame gives me an "Item does not exist or is inaccessible" error.

I came up with this workaround: It works for me with a publicly shared Experience that accesses a protected map (screenshots below). This means that the data is still not publicly accessible (assuming the services in the map are also protected), only the outer frame of the application can be loaded. As soon as the application accesses protected resources, it is redirected to the OAuth2 mask, so you basically see nothing of the application without authenticating.

2024-09-19_11h51_27.png

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @NiklasKöhn ,Thanks for following up.
What edition of ExB are you using? Enterprise or Online? 
We should have fixed this issue for AGOL edition in June release for BUG-000168706. 

WeiYing1_0-1728062947810.jpeg

0 Kudos