Select to view content in your preferred language

How to add a link to a PDF file located in AGOL and open it with the Card widget

Jump to solution
06-09-2023 06:00 AM
Labels (1)
JoseSanchez
Regular Contributor

Hello everyone,

I want to add a manual in PDF format to my EB project and I am looking for a way to display it using the Card widget.

How to create a link to a PDF located in the Content folder where the other Project items (web map, web experience) are also located.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kara_Shindle
Regular Contributor

I do this a fair amount - side benefit is you can track who looks at the PDF.

1. Upload the PDF as an item to AGOL

2. Adjust your sharing levels

3. Go to the item page for the PDF & copy the URL that should be at the lower right corner of the overview page.

4. Go to your experience builder & card widget.  There are several link options depending on the card widget template you chose.  You can set the link to open a URL & then paste in your PDF URL.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Regular Contributor
10 Replies
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

I don't know if that's possible, but it would be easy to do using an Embed widget instead. Just host the PDF somewhere else, and use its URL for the Embed's source. You could even use a field in your data to display different PDFs in the Embed widget by URL.

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle
Regular Contributor

I do this a fair amount - side benefit is you can track who looks at the PDF.

1. Upload the PDF as an item to AGOL

2. Adjust your sharing levels

3. Go to the item page for the PDF & copy the URL that should be at the lower right corner of the overview page.

4. Go to your experience builder & card widget.  There are several link options depending on the card widget template you chose.  You can set the link to open a URL & then paste in your PDF URL.  

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Regular Contributor

Thank you @Kara_Shindle

SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Kara_Shindle 

In AGOL I do not see any  "URL that should be at the lower right corner of the overview page.". The default one from the top does not work when I add it to EB.

Kara_Shindle
Regular Contributor

When I upload a PDF to AGOL - at the bottom right corner of the Item Overview page is a URL that you can copy.

URL.png

0 Kudos
ElisseDeleissegues1
New Contributor III

I also am not seeing the URL

ElisseDeleissegues1_0-1699382904252.png

0 Kudos
ElisseDeleissegues1
New Contributor III

I was not seeing the URL either, when the Sharing option was made Public the URL appeared.

0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @Kara_Shindle, the field URL is not visible in my AGOL. 

JoseSanchez
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos