Select to view content in your preferred language

Editor widget

Monday
Labels (1)
HafidaAttar
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online, but we don’t have ArcGIS Enterprise here. I’ve created an ArcGIS Experience Builder app with an editor widget that allows users to create, delete, and edit points. However, I'm encountering an issue: when creating a point, users need to select a class from a dropdown list of attributes. I would like to allow users to select a symbol and then create the point directly.

I know it was possible with smart editor form web app but I don’t know how can I achieve this with experience builder?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
clt_cabq
Regular Contributor

I'm playing with the editing widget and when i add a layer it presents in the widget with a template based on how the layer is symbolized in the webmap it it is in - do you have yours symbolized? Also, are the editing capabilities set up correctly? The dialogue i see lets you select if users can add, delete, or update (attributes and/or geometry). 

0 Kudos
HafidaAttar
New Contributor

the layer its symboized according to the class, the editing capability its set to attribute and geometry, this is what i get when i want to create a feature: Picture1.png

And this what im looking for : 

Untitled.png

Thank for your reply

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Mine will also automatically let you click a symbol as shown in your 2nd image in EXB. 

Laura_0-1723490499093.png

what do your settings look like?

Laura_1-1723490531911.png

What does the editing pane look like in map viewer? It should be pretty similar

Laura_0-1723490663780.png

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@HafidaAttar 

You may need to update the editing feature templates to get the list of types to show a template for each class like you had it in Web AppBuilder Smart Editor, or like @Laura is showing above.

This is not intuitive right now, but you'll need to open your web map in the Field Maps Designer and make the template changes there. Follow the steps provided in this post:

Solved: Re: Edit Widget - Create Feature Order Won't Updat... - Esri Community

0 Kudos