Can the list widget return to default extent when item is unselected

Jump to solution
10-17-2022 09:48 AM
BaileyBellavance
New Contributor II

I am working on an Experience that uses a list widget to show property points on the map, and you can select one of those places and the map will zoom to that location. I have it configured so you can click on a More Info button that takes you to the feature info, or you can simply unselect it if you only wanted to zoom into the location. I currently have this as a message action when the record selection changes in the list.

I've been trying but haven't had much luck in figuring out that if someone were to unselect the location from the list, can the map then automatically zoom out to it's default extent? This would greatly improve the functionality of my app as I'm basically recreating a Short List Story map into experience builder.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently this option is not yet available. Your request has been added to a backlog. Thanks for letting us know.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently this option is not yet available. Your request has been added to a backlog. Thanks for letting us know.

ElissaRobb_LC
New Contributor

Any status update on the map reverting to the default map extent when an item is not selected?

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@ElissaRobb_LC  not yet. To help prioritize it, could you please submit an enhancement request to Esri Support?

0 Kudos
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

@Jianxia how do we submit an enhancement request?

PeterHannah1
New Contributor II

I would also like to submit this as an enhancement request.  The simple function of returning to default extent when records are unselected in ANY widget, whether it be a list, chart, filter, query, etc. would really make the apps we build with Experience Builder much more intuitive for the user. 

Conner-Schaak
New Contributor

I agree. This is a needed feature..

The inability to reset extent by unselecting is in stark conflict to the to interface with ESRI Dashboards. I think would yield consistency between platforms. 

0 Kudos
LeannaDeagle
New Contributor II

Came here to say I also support this enhancement request! I'm really surprised that ESRI didn't already include this in the widget.

0 Kudos