Select to view content in your preferred language

"Enable custom filter" possible?

12-30-2022 06:48 AM
AndreasEugster
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Is there an option in ExperienceBuilder to let user define there own filter-queries?
Or is that something which might be a widget-enhancement down the road (filter-widget, query-widget, table-widget) :)?

Im looking for something similar like in WebAppBuilder the standard "filter-option within the attribute-table-widget" or the "filter-widget checkbox -> enable custom filter".

Thanks,
Andi

Tags (1)
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Also looking for this feature.

Seems like a year later, this still isn't added.
abureaux_1-1696972431499.png

0 Kudos
aawadrsk
New Contributor II

@AndreasEugsterHello Andreas, have you discovered any solutions or workarounds? I noticed that you posted this quite some time ago, and I'm curious if you've found a way to address the issue. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
AndreasEugster
Occasional Contributor

@aawadrsk I preconfigured some basic filters and moved on since that was not the main focus of the application... later that became possible within the attribute-table which was kind of a workaround - now we see this in the map-layers-widget... so I'm hoping to welcome that at runtime in the filter-widget too 🙂
A bit of a questionmark for me why this is not possible within the filter widget (?!) I mean why can map-layers-widget and attribute-table provid that filtering-functionality but the actual filter-widget not?

0 Kudos
SumitZarkarCT
New Contributor III

@aawadrsk 

With the latest Feburary2024 release you can now set filters at runtime using the Map Layers widget

SumitZarkarCT_0-1711622520115.png

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/get-started/whats-new.htm

SumitZarkarCT_1-1711622590948.pngSumitZarkarCT_2-1711622630969.png

Hope this could help.

0 Kudos