Button to clear the framework filter?

Jump to solution
01-07-2022 05:04 PM
Labels (1)
Ajparker_hlth
New Contributor II

Hi! I'm trying to find if there is a way to clear the "framework filter". I have two lists that each have triggers to filter the framework i.e. to filter the data shown in a third list. However, if I have selected something from list 1, then try to select from list 2, nothing shows in list 3 as the list 1 filter is still in place. Even when I clear the selection on list 1, then select from list 2, no items show in list 3.

I'd love to be able to tell users: "if nothing shows up in list 3, click this button to reset all filters then try your selection from list 2 again".

I.e. have a kind of global "reset filters" button.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The function is provided in the AGOL 10.2 release.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

The master reset button for your webpage - just to the left of the address bar in Chrome and Edge!

Also required in Dashboards

Refresh_Browser.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ajparker_hlth
New Contributor II

Less than ideal solution... 😉 but I guess it will work for now.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

We are targeting an enhancement for this function. Similar post: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/custom-filter-widget-to-reset-filt.... Keep tuned.

0 Kudos
RustyRex
Occasional Contributor

I don't believe this enhancement is truly a complete fix.  Because of the overlapping jargon like 'filter' vs 'filter widget', the OP may have been asking about clearing any and all framework filter action as you can perform a filter action on any number of widgets, not just the 'filter widget'.  The current enhancement is only a fix for the filter widget.

CassNEGIS
New Contributor II

This is my experience as well. I have a results list and a map which serves the same function, and so long as you ONLY use either one or the other, it works fine. But if someone searches first, then tries to click on the map to run another search, nothing happens.

But. If you run the search again, and then click on the feature in the map, it will work again.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The function is provided in the AGOL 10.2 release.

LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

I'm using Experience Builder in Enterprise Portal 11.2. In the Filter widget I've enabled the "Reset all filters" option, but the reset button/arrow isn't in the most intuitive place (see screenshot below). Is that the only location the reset button can be or (without using the dev version of Experience Builder) is there a way to move the button? It would be nice if it was at least within the white area/panel of the Filter widget.

LindsayWithers1_0-1708455080031.png

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@LindsayWithers1 Thanks for brining this up, we will take a look and evaluate that.

Also be aware that, in your case, there is only one filter item with the regular vertical style with the toggle button; there are other cases where there might be multiple items (hence multiple toggle buttons), and also only button style as the filter items. We are trying to provide a solution compatible with all those cases.

0 Kudos