Best way to view related record in Experience

Jump to solution
11-17-2021 11:17 AM
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I am working on an app that shows related records of a selected record. In Web AppBuilder there are several ways to show related records. One is on the popup, one is in Query widget, and one is in Attribute Table widget. 

However, in Experience I do not see a way to show related records. Even the popup does not have "related table" option like in Web AppBuilder. I think it has to do with the difference between classic Map Viewer and new Map Viewer? I am not familiar the new Map Viewer as it is not available in my Enterprise Portal. What are the alternative ways to show related records in Experience?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

This seems all well and good, but it still does not use the existing relationship classes already built for maintaining the relationships.  This used to work in the old Viewer (classic), but not in the new one.  Relationships are everywhere.  It is the 'R' in RDBMS. Most of your solutions have relationships.  My example would be Street Signs and their support structure (Poles).  A Pole has 1 to several signs.  In order to use Field Maps or Collector even, I have to stay in the Classic Map Viewer version in order to add the Signs to the poles in the field or in the web map.

ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Agreed, I have the same thing with signs (and many others). This is a pretty big deal if New Map Viewer is the default going forward.

TiiuKelviste
New Contributor III

We are having exactly the same issue. Work with the feature class but not with the related table (showing no data).

0 Kudos
TiiuKelviste
New Contributor III

I tested the same workflow in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 EB version and it worked fine there, but it is very old in terms of other apps and functionality available today in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos