Select to view content in your preferred language

Loading multiple views content in a section.

07-13-2023 10:22 PM
Labels (1)
LeonAus
New Contributor III

I don't know if I'm reading the Section and view correctly but 'when loading multiple views in a section, all content in the views are rendered' should mean that all the widgets in all the views should start loading as soon as the section is loaded.

I have 2 views, the first has a list, the seconds has a map. When I load my app, the list view is loaded but the map in the second view is not loaded until I navigate to the map view. It takes quite some time to initialize the map and I would rather that load before the user navigates to the map view.

Is there any way I can get the map view to load before navigating to the view?

I'm using developer edition 1.11, but have also tried it in 1.12 and it's the same behaviour.

2 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @LeonAus 

Map widget is a special case as it is always lazy loaded for performance reasons - a map can contain multiple layers and complex data, which may influence app performance significantly. Map widgets inside the views won't be loaded until they are available (visible) to end users. 

Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks!

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
LeonAus
New Contributor III

Thanks for the explanation Shen Zhang.

Is there any way programmatically that I can tell the view with the map to load before it is visible to the user?

I understand the reasons for lazy loading, but it's for those same reasons that I don't won't it lazy loaded as it means the user has to wait for quite a while for it to load when navigating to the view for the first time. In my opinion it's a big downgrade in User Experience.

Thanks,
Leon.

0 Kudos