Arcade expression in Text Widget's dynamic content

02-03-2022 11:26 AM
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to use Arcade expressions I've created in Map Viewer's pop-ups in Experience Builder's Text Widget dynamic content section? It's not a simple sum(). There's quite a few lines, and it looks like Experience Builder doesn't support that at the moment, so am hoping to just copy and paste the expression like {expression/expr1}.

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As of right now, Arcade is not available in EB. If you have an expression in your layer's popup, it can come through to the details widget, but not to a Text box.

What kind of expression are you looking to replicate? EB does let you create "views" of added data sources, so you can do something like a sum of very specific categories of data.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
awgeezrick
New Contributor III

YARGH! I was really hoping this wasn't going to be the answer. All I want to do is create an expression that checks if the apartment field has a value in it, and if so, then display it along with a ' - '  followed by the address field (e.g. 69 - 1234 Anywhere Street) if there is no apartment value then don't display it. But without being able to create such an expression for the text widget I am left with have to hard code the ' - ' which is less than optimal since when there isn't an apartment value it looks like ' - 1234 Anywhere Street'. I know it isn't a huge deal, but to me its distracting and I know that as soon as it hits production the end users will start to email me saying "ummmm, can you get rid of that dash when there isn't an apartment in the address?". And if I simply leave out the dash altogether  (e.g. 69 1234 Anywhere Street)....well that's just asking for trouble. =]

KylaCupp_SBY
New Contributor III

I'm in the exact same boat, any idea if they plan in integrating arcade?

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Same! Arcade is a great tool that's been pretty well integrated across the software suite. Given some of the the other somewhat baffling omissions from ExB/new map viewer I guess I'm not totally surprised, but it would be great to hear someone from the ESRI team tell us that it's part of the product plan.