Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow users to change symbology in app

Jump to solution
08-01-2022 02:40 PM
Labels (1)
lmurrayADOT
New Contributor III

I haven't seen this question come up since at least 2017.  I have a feature class with multiple census demographics.  The user wants an app that will allow them to change the symbology on the map based on a demographic selected from a drop-down menu.  I haven't found a straight-forward way to do this.

The best I can think of is to create a multi-page experience builder app where each page is a different variable and the user can select the page they want to see from a menu.  However, this means I have to build a map and page for each demographic. 

Is there an easier way to do this?  I added this question to the experience builder section but if there's an easier way to build this in instant apps or ArcGIS Dashboards, I'm open to those ideas.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougLogsdon2
New Contributor III

If using the developer edition, the drop-down-select approach could be used. You can access the map layers after the <JimuMapViewComponent />'s onActiveViewChange() event.

Alternatively, the multi-page template should work great as well. I'd also suggest trying out the Section & Views Navigation widget so you can keep your apps overall UI the same when switching maps. You can sync the maps by using extent change triggers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougLogsdon2
New Contributor III

If using the developer edition, the drop-down-select approach could be used. You can access the map layers after the <JimuMapViewComponent />'s onActiveViewChange() event.

Alternatively, the multi-page template should work great as well. I'd also suggest trying out the Section & Views Navigation widget so you can keep your apps overall UI the same when switching maps. You can sync the maps by using extent change triggers.

0 Kudos
lmurrayADOT
New Contributor III

@DougLogsdon2 I tested the section/view widget and it will work for this project.  Thank you again for the suggestion.

0 Kudos