Open a link placed inside IFRAME in parent window

Jump to solution
07-29-2022 01:04 PM
MichałBrodowicz
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to create an app in Experience Builder. In the pop-up window I have embedded html pages with longer texts and small galleries with a few images in it. Each image is also a link that is opening an external gallery. 

When clicking on any link in the embedded page, the target pages (i.e. gallery) is opening inside the IFRAME in the pop-up window. I would like to open it in the parent window of the browser. Is there a way to do it in Experience Builder environment? 

<a target="_parent" href="blabla/gallery.html"> is not working. Neither is <a target="_top"...> 

Do you have any ideas how this can be done?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@MichałBrodowicz Unfortunately, you cannot do that at this time.

The iframe containing the embedded content is sandboxed. Yet, in order to redirect a link from an iframe to the top, the attribute "allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation" need to be added to the sandbox list, which could cause safety issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@MichałBrodowicz Unfortunately, you cannot do that at this time.

The iframe containing the embedded content is sandboxed. Yet, in order to redirect a link from an iframe to the top, the attribute "allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation" need to be added to the sandbox list, which could cause safety issues.

MichałBrodowicz
New Contributor II

Thank You Tonghui for this explanation!