Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter Widget | Option to display order of predefined values in filter that have been set in particular order in SQL generator

05-31-2023 02:27 AM
Christian_Sebaly
Regular Contributor

The Filter widget only displays values in alphabetical / alphanumerical order. When i add predefined values (using the SQL Generator) i can add values in a particular order but the filter widget does not keep those values in the specified order. It would be very helpful if the Filter widget could be enhanced to keep the order of values in the filter according to the arrangement i set in the generator.

8 Comments
RyanBohan

If you manually enter predefine values, Exb gives you a nice option to order them any way you want.

RyanBohan_0-1701887728714.png

Unfortunately, that order is ignored, when the app is published.

RyanBohan_1-1701887801136.png

BrittanyBurson

Posting my use case. Need to order based on Pavement Condition Index order, not alphabetical. I wish the defined value order would stick.

BrittanyBurson_0-1704490904779.pngBrittanyBurson_1-1704490923006.png

Damian
by

Same issue here. Please get this fixed.

JoseBarrios1

I encountered the same problem! The ability to rearrange values in the settings while the action remains ignored seems more like a bug than a functional limitation. I look forward to the great Ex. B. team addressing this issue.

Thanks,

JB

LStroupe

Same issue here. We've only found a couple ways to get around it so far:

predefinedlist.png  filtertoggle.png

WillMcAllister7

Adding my name to the list! I have the same use case as Brittany, ordering pavement condition where alphabetical order does not make sense. 

DarraghOSullivan

Yes, same here. Need to order by text values that are not in alphabetical order. E.g. Poor, Average, Good

kmsmikrud

I last posted on this same filter unique value sorting 2 years ago which is after months of trying to use Experience Builder. After running into numerous issues, I had to switch to embedded dashboards in EB. Somehow dashboards are so amazingly reliable and have basic functions one would think the 'latest and greatest/modern' technology would have like being able to sort values in a filter without manually having to define them.

I landed back on this topic today in setting up a filter for text field that has dates.  I was reminded when seeing the list of values showing in the filter drop-down of the issue and its still there :(.  

Please enhance/add this functionality it seems so basic.

Thanks,

Kathy