Draw widget - Add option to draw text

04-26-2022 01:46 AM
Labels (1)
ZoevdbAT
Frequent Contributor

Please add an option to draw text with the draw widget in the Experience Builder!

In the draw widget in the WAB you can add text elements to the map. I'd like to use this for my maps used in the Experience Builder as well. 

Thanks in advance! 

- Zoë

53 Comments
TravisColeHC

Yes, please! One of the many features we need and have been asked for.

MatthewMalone

I've finally gotten around to porting some of my app from WAB to EB and didn't discover until writing documentation for the app that the text option is NOT available in the Draw Widget. 😞 It was quite valuable for field markup and quick maps in the WAB version of my app, so it's 100% logical to make it available in the EB version.  

Thanks!

-Matt

JoabelBarbieri

Very important and much needed

MichaelNau

This blows my mind that it hasnt been fixed. I have to build all these now in two applications WAB and then again in experience when it all changes in a year. So frustrating. Has anyone found a work around or a trick to import a text draw widget from somewhere else?  

AliciaMcMurchie1

This functionality is really important. Without it, our users are having to take screenshots of maps, upload them to a PDF editor, and add text in the PDF editor. 

tamasoz

I have also just realized that adding text is not yet implemented in the drawing toolbar of EB. Upvoted and to be implemented with high priority.

TravisColeHC

Additional requests today for this feature. Seems like a basic one that should have been implemented from the beginning. I can't upvote again, but just bumping this one.

ChrisMyers_NewQuest

@Expereince builder team - any updated on this? 

RyanKelley_NA

This really needs implemented!

JeffreyThompson2

In case anyone on this thread is unaware, the @RobertScheitlin__GISP Draw Widget supports adding text. Here is my visual update of his widget.