Draw widget - Add option to draw text

04-26-2022 01:46 AM
Labels (1)
ZoeBroek
Occasional Contributor

Please add an option to draw text with the draw widget in the Experience Builder!

In the draw widget in the WAB you can add text elements to the map. I'd like to use this for my maps used in the Experience Builder as well. 

Thanks in advance! 

- Zoë

47 Comments
RyanKelley_NA

@JeffreyThompson2 I dont believe that can be used if you are hosting the app in ArcGIS Online though.

JeffreyThompson2

@RyanKelley_NA Correct, in order to use a custom widget like that Draw Widget, you will need Developer Edition or an 11.X version of Enterprise.

SavannahRoybal

This needs to be added to the built-in widget as many (most?) organizations are not in a position to integrate custom widgets.

RyanKelley_NA

@SavannahRoybal I completely agree!

NGS
by

@Jianxia How about now? Is there any timeline 6 months later? This can't be that hard...

We recently transitioned to an EB map viewer and we've had multiple requests for this feature.

Hosting a 3rd party tool isn't an option for us.

AlexErnst_IDPR

Our users need to add text labels for the custom GeoPDFs they create out of our map app.

We are only a couple of weeks into transition from a WAB version of the app to an ExB version, and users are missing the capability already. Looking forward the function's addition so we can convince a few holdouts to move on from the WAB version of the app so we can retire it at last.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/97a42a2a73c944ba918042faf518c689  

AnthonyAtkins2

I'm just commenting to be notified when movement has been made on this issue.  I really find it hard to believe the tool wouldn't be as close to the WAB version as it possibly could. I'm currently testing Experience Builder, but not sure if I want to fully implement it without so many core WAB features.