Where is the Collaborate menu item in Arcgis Online

07-27-2017 11:07 AM
JoëlHempenius3
Occasional Contributor II

I would like to test the new Collaboration between Arcgis Online and Portal for Arcgis 10.5.1 

I logged in with my admin account on my Arcgis Online organization and navigated to My Organization > Edit Settings. But I cannot find the Collaborate menu item. Stuck at the first instruction 😞

When I log in to my Portal, the Collaborate menu item is present in the menu.

I read the documentation at these pages: 

Set up an ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online collaboration—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Ente... and Create a collaboration—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I enabled the HTTPS only option in Arcgis Online, as instructed by the prerequisites. 

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline?sr=search&searchId=f98583dd-c6f7-4b5a-...https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/portal-for-arcgis?sr=search&searchId=b1505ef3-e73b-...

-Joël Hempenius.

Languages: JavaScript, Python and Dunglish
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you are an administrator of an ArcGIS Online Organizational account, you need to apply for the early adopter program.

Distributed collaboration—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Note:

Distributed collaboration capabilities are offered as part of an early adopter program available to interested ArcGIS Online organizations. You must have an ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 base deployment to participate in the early adopter program. For more information and to apply for the program, visit the Enterprise to Online Collaboration early adopter website.

Think Location
CharlesBailey
New Contributor III

Is this something that ESRI needs to actively respond to or can we just sign up? I signed up for it in my early adopter account and it shows up in my applications, but when I click the app it just shows a banner with no other interaction possible. And Collaborate is still not showing up in my Edit Settings page in AGOL. Thanks, cob

0 Kudos