Web Adaptor 10.6 Configuration Error

06-05-2018 02:46 PM
PaddyTallon
New Contributor

Hi,

I've installed ArcGIS Server 10.6 on a Windows Server 2016 DataCenter Azure VM and bound it to an SSL certificate which was generated using our internal Microsoft CA. This has worked out fine as far as I can tell.

On a separate Windows Server 2016 DataCenter Azure VM, I installed a Web Adaptor and after attempting to add the ArcGIS Server above to the configuration, I received the following error:

If I install the Web Adaptor on the same VM as ArcGIS Server then it all works out fine. However, the goal is to have a separate VM for the Web Adaptor.

Can you please advise where I may be going wrong?

Best regards,

Paddy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CodyMarsh
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

How are you registering the Web Adaptor with the ArcGIS Server? Are you using the hostname of the ArcGIS Server or the IP?

0 Kudos
EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

Cody, I'm having a similar issue.  I am able to successfully configure the web adaptor by IP but not by server name.  It results in a successful configuration, but I get "Could not access any server machines" error when I browse through the web adaptor (see here).  So it looks like there is a mismatch where web adaptor might be using the server name rather than IP.  My web adaptor is in the DMZ and can only browse to ArcGIS Server using IP:6443.  ServerName:6443 doesn't work. Any quick suggestions other than creating a support ticket?

0 Kudos
EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

It was what I suspected. I updated the HOSTS file on my DMZ server with ArcGIS Server IP/Name and that took care of it.  I can now browse through the web adaptor.

0 Kudos