Service failed to start (Invalid input data source path)

04-05-2017 10:57 AM
JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III

Using the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure, I've deployed an instance of ArcGIS Server 10.5 to Azure. Using ArcMap, I've created an image service and deployed it to this server. I got an error when trying to publish the service, but the service appears in the Service Manager. 

When I try to start the service, I get the error:

This is, in fact, the correct path to the data, and the ArcGIS Run As Account has access to this folder.

The folder containing the input data is also registered with the server, and has been validated?

So why is ArcGIS Server telling me that the input data source path is invalid?

Additional information: here's what's in the logs:

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonathanBailey

OK, so, I changed the data source from an ECW to a SID, and it worked. Problems with ECW format?

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor
AYUSHYADAV
New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please explain the steps of how you changed the data source from an ECW to a SID?

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

If I recall correctly, there's an additional license needed from Erdas to run image services sourced from .ecw files. There's not a license restriction from the Desktop side, but there is from the GIS Server side.

That said, the error you're showing is not the error I'd expect if this were a license issue.

JonathanBailey

Agreed. It would be more helpful if the error message indicated that this was a license issue. Even more helpful would be for the error message to link to the page that you referenced.

0 Kudos