Publish Geocode Service .sd file(service definition file) Error

11-25-2021 10:48 PM
dongheekim
New Contributor II

Why does my .sd (service definiton) file of Geocode Service fail when published to ArcGIS Server? It is frustrating that only the word Failed is shown without any error message.

Is it related to setting python environment variable?

I try to publish the service in ArcGIS Server Manager > Manage Services > Publish Service

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Server are you trying to publish to?

Was your locator created with the Create Address Locator tool or the Create Locator or Create Feature Locator tool? If the locator was created with the Create Locator tool, which role was used to build the locator?

Are there more error details in the ArcGIS Server Manager logs?

0 Kudos
dongheekim
New Contributor II

Server's log looks like this:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.admin.rest.ResourceNotFoundException: Could not find resource or operation 'Locator_v02.GeocodeServer' on the system

It seems that the .sd file was issued a few days ago, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the version of the Server and the locator creation tool. The version of Server is 10.9.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

I cannot tell from your response, which tool was used to create the locator you are trying to publish.

Was it the Create Address Locator tool in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, Create Locator or Create Feature Locator tool in ArcGIS Pro?

Did you create the .sd file via python using CreateGeocodeSDDraft publishing function?

When publishing the locator with the sd file is the locator being copied to the server or are you using a folder as a data store?

Do you get the same error if you create the sd file in ArcGIS Pro, then publish it in the ArcGIS Server Manager? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.9/help/sharing/overview/save-a-service-definition-for-a-locator....

0 Kudos
dongheekim
New Contributor II

I use Create Locator tool in ArcGIS Pro. and I publish the locator with the sd file in ArcGIS Pro, then publish it in the ArcGIS Server Manager.

+ A new finding is that the setting of a specific Enterprise seems to be wrong. It was confirmed that the same sd file uploads well in other Enterprises.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you get the same error when you publish the locator directly to Enterprise 10.9 from ArcGIS Pro without creating an sd file that gets published in ArcGIS Server Manager? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/share-a-locator.htm

Have you been able to compare the settings/configurations of the two Enterprises that are behaving differently?

0 Kudos