Mobile Content Server Admin Page Fails With Windows Authentication

03-28-2014 02:20 PM
MattCharton
New Contributor III
Windows authenticated users can view content but cannot edit in Mobile Content Server.  When attempting to "add item" (for example) they are kicked back to the login screen.  Users are in an administrative role in AGS.  We had no luck with any windows user (even sysadmins).

The AGS "Primary Site Administrator Account" was the only credentials able to make edits to content.

I had noticed that when the user was kicked back to the login, their domain was missing from their username.  This made me wonder if the Mobile Content Server was just somehow losing the domain.  To test this, I set the Primary Site Admin Account as the same as a windows account (e.g., Windows User: MyDomain\MyUser with MyPassword; AGS Account: MyUser with MyPassword).  I made sure the windows account had no permissions to AGS at all.  I then logged in with the windows account and was able to edit content without any problem.

This seems like a pretty big issue.  Any chance we can get a fix or at least a workaround?

--------------------------
ArcGIS Server 10.2.1
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II

I wish I had a solution to offer but I'm running into the exact same problem here. I have an administrator role in AGS but I can't even create a folder in mobile content server without getting kicked back to the login screen, where it will no longer accept my credentials. Using the primary site account, I can accomplish anything, but no other account has administrative access. Of course, this also prevents using Mobile Project Center to share projects without the use of the primary site account.

0 Kudos