Attachments not saving in an Enterprise Geodatabase

08-11-2014 02:43 PM
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

I have an ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 feature service.  The feature classes are saved in a SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Geodatabase.  The feature classes have attachments enabled.  They are non-versioned and have archiving enabled to allow syncing and offline editing.  I've added the feature service to ArcGIS Online.  I can edit the feature classes and add attachments with no errors.  But when I close the editor window and then identify the feature it says 'No Attachments Found'.  When I look at the geodatabase on the server there is a record in the __ATTACH table but when I Identify a feature it doesn't show any attachments.  Has anyone successfully setup attachments on a 10.2.2 feature service in an Enterprise Geodatabase? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Nils-

If you are using the attachment relate you have to keep in mind that the archiving doesn't traverse relationships on non-versioned data.  I think you'll have to disable archiving, enable versioning and then re-enable archiving.

-David

0 Kudos
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using the sync operation in the feature service so unfortunately I can't enable versioning.  However, I deleted my service, deleted the attachments, and then recreated attachments and then republished the service and now it seems to work.  Something must have been corrupted the first time.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Nils, good to know-

Davidd

0 Kudos