Missing App Launcher in Portal

05-13-2020 11:17 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hello everybody. For some reason the App Launcher button in one of my portals is gone. Everything else about the portal seems to work fine, even the launching of the installed apps. I can for example launch Insights by typing in the URL directly and it works. There is just no App Launcher to click on any of the app icons. I inspected the HTML elements and the App Launcher element is there, its just set to hidden.

At first i thought its some configuration issue but I cross checked with a portal that has the launcher and i could not find any differences whatsoever.

I know this is a pretty vague problem description and could have a lot of reasons, but maybe someone encountered the same problem. Thanks for every hint.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Alexander, is there an option to save it as a new app? (I've had a few weeks away from Portal and have regressed!) I've always found stuff a bit clunky, needing to log out, log back in etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hello David,
I already tried all that already. but no success. Logging out and back in, removing the licenses, restarting the portal and the VM...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Hi Alexander Zeller

If you look at Portal's index status (portaladmin/system/indexer/status) does the count match? 

Best,

Kaitlyn

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hello Kaitlyn,
It does match, except for the search, where the count is one off. What does that tell me?

0 Kudos