Missing App Launcher in Portal

Jump to solution
05-13-2020 11:17 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everybody. For some reason the App Launcher button in one of my portals is gone. Everything else about the portal seems to work fine, even the launching of the installed apps. I can for example launch Insights by typing in the URL directly and it works. There is just no App Launcher to click on any of the app icons. I inspected the HTML elements and the App Launcher element is there, its just set to hidden.

At first i thought its some configuration issue but I cross checked with a portal that has the launcher and i could not find any differences whatsoever.

I know this is a pretty vague problem description and could have a lot of reasons, but maybe someone encountered the same problem. Thanks for every hint.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeGolub
New Contributor

Same issue here, no app launcher icon and the search index was off by one.

I rebuilt the search index and the app launcher reappeared.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Alexander, is there an option to save it as a new app? (I've had a few weeks away from Portal and have regressed!) I've always found stuff a bit clunky, needing to log out, log back in etc.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello David,
I already tried all that already. but no success. Logging out and back in, removing the licenses, restarting the portal and the VM...

0 Kudos
KaitlynPurcell
Esri Contributor

Hi Alexander Zeller

If you look at Portal's index status (portaladmin/system/indexer/status) does the count match? 

Best,

Kaitlyn

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Kaitlyn,
It does match, except for the search, where the count is one off. What does that tell me?

0 Kudos
Arnaud_Leidgens
New Contributor III

Hello Alexander,

Did you find an answer to this issue ? Thank you in advance.

Arnaud

0 Kudos
MPecenova
New Contributor

I can confirm that mismatching indexes were the cause of the same problem for one of our customer. A full reindex solved the problem. App launcher is once again available in Portal.

MichaelSlee
New Contributor

I had this just happen in our production environment out of the blue today. Thankfully I found this post right away. Doing a full reindex resolved the issue for me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
MikeGolub
New Contributor

Same issue here, no app launcher icon and the search index was off by one.

I rebuilt the search index and the app launcher reappeared.

Vassilios
New Contributor II

I had the same issue, thank you for the solution.

Any ideas what may have caused the index to be out of sync? I've check our logs and can confirm our Enterprise solution has not had a outage, or disruption.

0 Kudos