ArcGIS Enterprise to Enterprise share

06-05-2023 12:29 PM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

If I have access to two ArcGIS Enterprise Portals, and need to show an existing hosted feature layer from one Portal in the other Portal, what is the best workflow for this?

Thank you,

Tyler

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0

Enterprise 11.0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would look into distributed collaboration: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/understand-collaborations.htm

You could have the data copy across the 2 Enterprise locations and synced.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX

If there is only one service and it is secured, you can also add the URL as an item in Portal B. This will allow you to provide the credentials which gets saved. Once the reference exists in Portal B, you can set up sharing using groups or the entire Org on that Portal.

If the service is not secured, then you can do the same without providing credentials.

Add Item via URL 

Connect to Secure Service

0 Kudos
TylerT
by

@TonyContreras_Frisco_TX ;

"Connect to Secure Service" is what I was imaging.  Thank you.

Now for the details.  The secure service uses a smart card login normally, but when I try to 'add content' using URL to Portal A from B, a username/password type credential pops up.  I do not have username/password, only smart card login.  How can I manage this type of connection?

Thank you,

Tyler

0 Kudos
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX

@TylerT  In that case, you might want to use Collaboration, so that each Portal handles its own security. I am not aware of any way to do what I suggested for only users authenticated using smart cards.