Select to view content in your preferred language

I can connect to my private WMS, but none of my layers are drawing.

03-04-2014 11:46 AM
deleted-user-7uOyUeQXbkI0
New Contributor III
I have created a WMS and it worked just fine the other day, but then I made it private.  It took me a while to get a token to work, but I finally did by creating one for the referer IP, so I can finally connect to the WMS. When I load it in ArcMap though, none of the features show up.  I can see in the table of contents that it is still reading things like my scale ranges for when to draw certain features, but there is nothing there. I just tried creating a new service with the exact same data and it too worked fine while I had it set to public, but when I made it private, I could no longer see the features.

What is going on?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Which web clients does this other company use? Tokens will work with WMS in a web client, but ArcMap as a client won't request a token for WMS. For instance, they can append a token to the end of a web request and access a secured resource if your customer is working with web apps instead of a thick client.

0 Kudos
CanÇerçi
New Contributor

Yes we tried token with a web client and it worked but other companies want to consume the service in ArcMap,Qgis etc.. So we need a common way to sharing services. 

0 Kudos