Can't access Server Manager

7839
5
Jump to solution
08-03-2017 04:44 PM
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor II

I am installing ArcGISServer 10.5.1. After installing and configuring a few Map Services, I realized that I needed to change the ArcGIS user account to a domain instead of a local account (I'm installing Portal on another machine, so the documentation says a domain name is the best).  I executed the instructions here: The ArcGIS Server account—Installation Guides (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise for "Changing the ArcGIS Server Account".  Seemed to work, but now I am getting a "Page cannot be displayed" when I try to log into the Server Manager.  I have added full control permissions on the arcgisserver folder that contains the logs, as well as the folder (on another computer) that contains the directories and config-store.  These are also shared with full write permissions. I have also added full permissions to the ArcGis folder in Program Files (no sharing). 

If I hit "fix connection problems" and then "more details" the message reads "localhost is not set up to accept connections on port 6080" (if from a remote computer it is "isn't responding to connections on port 6443). All of the applicable ports have been added to the firewall.  The server manager worked before changing the username! I did a restart of the computer, though, so maybe some weird security was pushed by IT!? I have not installed IIS so there is no inetpub folder...I'm not sure where it is looking for localhost.

--I have now tried uninstalling and re-installing ArcGIS Server and am getting the same message...

Any ideas of things I can try!?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lisa,

When you switched to a domain account, did you run the 'Configure ArcGIS Server account' tool?

http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/install/windows/the-arcgis-server-account.htm#ESRI_SECTION...

If the ArcGIS Service is stopping, it's typically related to a permissions issue. Run this tool as an admin.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Frequent Contributor

When you reinstalled, did you use the same domain account?  When the service is started, do you see a javaw.exe process running within your Task Manager?

0 Kudos
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hmm, so I checked the services and the "ArcGIS Server" service was stopped.  It is set to automatic startup.  I started the service but after about a minute it stops again. I do not see a javaw.exe process.  The arcgis.exe (argis daemon) is running.  The "ArcGIS License Manager" service is also running.  The server OS is windows 2012 R2.

I am attempting to use the domain account on re-install.  The first time I installed Server I set it up to use a local "arcgis" account and I had it working.  It is the switch to the domain user that is causing the problems.  I have checked that I can log into the server using the domain account, so it seems to be valid.  Is there some sort of permission issue going on somewhere?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Frequent Contributor

It could be a permissions problem, but definitely an account problem which you're probably already assuming.  Does the Event Viewer tell you anything?  If you've already given full control permissions for the domain account against the C:\arcgisserver and C:\Program Files\ArcGIS folders, these types of problems are a bit difficult to troubleshoot through forums.  You may want to reach out to your IT staff or Technical Support, but I'd first start with the Event Viewer and see if that is returning any errors.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lisa,

When you switched to a domain account, did you run the 'Configure ArcGIS Server account' tool?

http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/install/windows/the-arcgis-server-account.htm#ESRI_SECTION...

If the ArcGIS Service is stopping, it's typically related to a permissions issue. Run this tool as an admin.

LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor II

Ok, I uninstalled Server again, and then stopped all of the services (I still had License Manager installed and running).  I deleted all local users that I had tried setting up as the ArcGIS account (I was trying a few things to get it to work).  I then rebooted the computer and ran the setup as an administrator (I was logged in as an administrator, but newer versions of windows seem to want you to do this anyway!).  I entered my domain user as the ArcGIS user and this time it worked!  Not sure what happened on the last setup.  I will finish re-setting everything up and if I have any issues will do a different post.

0 Kudos