how to identify cache directory of service

Jump to solution
08-06-2021 08:40 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to identify which directory is being used for a map cache on one of our servers so that I can clean up some folders.  There are two map cache directories and I'd like to delete one of them.

I figured i'd look in site manager to see which one is being used by the service.

Unfortunately the full path of the directory is too long to display in the drop down.

I'm looking for suggestions on how I can confirm the directory being used so I can clean up the directories not being used.

temp.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TommyFauvell
Esri Contributor

@DavidPike is correct if you switch to "using tiles from cache" and the tiling scheme box remains empty. Either the cache structure in the D:\ location has been modified and the map service can no longer find the conf.xml in that path (<cache directory>\<service directory>\ImageryMOXBase\conf.xml or since this is deployed to the root of ArcGIS Server, <cache directory>\ImageryMOXBase\conf.xml); or there is in fact no cache in the D:\ cache directory.

To change the cache directory, you need to first stop the service.

You can also check the available / configured cache directories for this ArcGIS Server Site 

TommyFauvell_0-1628266992126.png

If you want to dig deeper, you can also use the Admin web page to look at service configuration properties

https://<myserver>/<server wa name>/admin/

navigate to the service, and find the properties section, and look for cacheDir and isCached property values

TommyFauvell_1-1628267192697.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

There's no cache for that service.

TommyFauvell
Esri Contributor

@DavidPike is correct if you switch to "using tiles from cache" and the tiling scheme box remains empty. Either the cache structure in the D:\ location has been modified and the map service can no longer find the conf.xml in that path (<cache directory>\<service directory>\ImageryMOXBase\conf.xml or since this is deployed to the root of ArcGIS Server, <cache directory>\ImageryMOXBase\conf.xml); or there is in fact no cache in the D:\ cache directory.

To change the cache directory, you need to first stop the service.

You can also check the available / configured cache directories for this ArcGIS Server Site 

TommyFauvell_0-1628266992126.png

If you want to dig deeper, you can also use the Admin web page to look at service configuration properties

https://<myserver>/<server wa name>/admin/

navigate to the service, and find the properties section, and look for cacheDir and isCached property values

TommyFauvell_1-1628267192697.png

0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor
Hi Navigate to your ArcGIS server admin directory and then the service you will find the cash dir there
https://dns/webadaptor/admin/services/myservice.MapServer
[cid:image001.png@01D78DC0.0CB31860]

Kind regards Henry
0 Kudos