Hosted View item cannot be found has been deleted or incorrect URL

07-28-2019 07:59 PM
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I've created a hosted Feature Layer with 22000 features. I then created a Hosted View to stop user from having editing access. While the view seems to have been created successfully I get the following error. 

This is weird because I can open the view and access the rest end point. All the attribute information looks correct. I can even use the view successfully in a Web App.

If I log out of Portal and log back in a then go the the hosted view's item details I get the same error.

We're running ArcGIS Enterprise at 10.6.1. I can't see anything in the Server or Portal logs.

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Clinton,

Does the URL on the item details page for the hosted view look similar to the hosted feature layer? You may want to take a look at the portal index status from the Portal Admin directory. If there is a difference between 'Count in store' and 'Count in index' I would recommend re-indexing.

1). Navigate to Portal Administrator Directory.

2). Login with you a portal admin account.

3). Navigate to Home > System > Indexer > Resources: Index Status

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thomas,

I ran the Index status as you suggested the counts are the same. Any other ideas ? 

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hi Clinton,

Are you only prompted with that error when viewing hosted view item details page? Just in case I would recommend re-indexing portal and restarting the portal Windows service.

In addition I would suggest temporarily setting Portal logs to 'DEBUG' level. Then attempt to create a new hosted view. Access the item details page of the new hosted view. I would be interested to know if you see any additional error messages in the logs.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thomas,

I re-indexed the portal as you suggested however I'm still getting the same error. 

It is definitely only happening when I try and view details. There don't seem to be any issues with the hosted view in terms of accessing and viewing it.

I set the Portal Logs to debug and created a new hosted view as you suggested. There don't appear to be any issues in the Portal Logs.

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thomas Jones

I've done a little more research on this error and I found the following in Chrome Dev tools

{"error":{"code":400,"messageCode":"CONT_0001","message":"Item does not exist or is inaccessible.","details":[]}}

This error is similar to the main error (below)

I've found that I can resolve these errors by going into the visualizaton tab of the hosted layer view and changing the symbology of the view then saving the layer. If I then click on any of the other tabs e.g. settings or overview I'm prompted with save changes.

I can click either yes or no -  the error messages above are no longer returned. Its really weird that changing symbology fixes this? 

Our local vendor is unable to replicate the error in their 10.6.1 environment.

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos