Error message - Layer does not support Attachments, but HasAttachment is set to False

01-29-2018 01:23 AM
MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

Hi we have mapService with FeatureAccess enabled. We often have error like this:

Message: Error: Layer or Table with ID: 1 does not support Attachments.

Source: Extern/GatelysMeldingAGO.MapServer   >>>error code 17000

But "Has Attachment" parameter for FeatureClass/Layer is set to False.

Do anybody have idea why this error message appear?

Thanks Martin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

I forgot to mention:

1. This FC have no attachment as part of the solution.

2.   ArcGIS server warnings  is about a mapserver not featureserver, meaning it is not possible to create attachments at all.

Martin

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Martin,

Attachments are a property of the database table level, if you have not enabled the attachments on the DB level this error should not pop up at all.

Can you walk me through the process that you have followed while creating this feature class and publishing the service.

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

Hi Shan

Thank you for response

Our Featureclass is stored in SDE geodatabase (Oracle), It has defined some subtypes, Some fields has domain, Editor Tracking is ON, Not registered as versioned, Featureclass does not contain attachment.

Attribute of this FeatureClass is updated every night by python script  (using UpdateCursor)

We create mxd with Two copy of this point FeatureClass (with different Definition Query and Different symbology), after that we published it as map service with Feature Access.

We have this type of error messages every day, and we dont know why.

Martin.

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

1. So I take it that at any point of time the feature classes never did have any attachments?

2. Does your tables have Global ID fields?

3. For testing purposes what happens if you try publishing a new test service with a copy of this same feature class and see if the issue replicates?

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

Hi Shan

So

1) No featureclass never has an attachment

2) No GlobalID for featureclass

3) I was able to publish test service without error, but I dont know how some users ineract with this service (what cause that error)

Martin

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

That is confusing indeed. Can you give some detailed info on 

We create mxd with Two copy of this point FeatureClass (with different Definition Query and Different symbology), after that we published it as map service with Feature Access.

What is the process or steps that you follow for this process?

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

Yes is very strange.

We did nothing special. Used point feature class 2 times in our mxd.

For 1. one we defined some definition query and set symbology.

For 2. one we did the same, but different definition query (field for symbology is the same)

published as map service wiith Feature access as usually.

~Martin

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

That should not pose any issues that is pretty much how most of the people use the feature class with feature service for editing.

I'd suggest you to contact Esri Technical Support Services and log a case with them and get this checked out.

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos