error : failure to access the DBMS Server. Register SQL Server geodatabase with server 10.8.1

03-29-2022 11:26 AM
DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We have arcgis Enterprise 10.8.1 and we are getting an error when we want to register Enterprise geodatabase to server

In manager logs we are getting "The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Failure to access the DBMS server" 

I have checked Privileges for arcgis user in all folders( portal, server, datastore)

I have installed ODBC 13 and 17

I have installed SQL Native Client

I checked and portal is validating with server in federation

I checked datastore with describe datastore and is working fine. 

I add my domains arcgis user to my sql server database

after all that, my problem persist and I am clueless.  Any idea?

Regards,

DLL

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

What is the version of SQL Server?

Can you remove the ODBC 13 client and just have the ODBC 17 client installed?

Did you restart the ArcGIS Server service after the ODBC install?

Can you access the SQL Sever DB via SSMS from the same machines?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Hello George,

We are using SQL Server 2019. I am able to access Management studio from database VM i can see database with a direct connection to database, i open ports in database and server machine for sql. I just notice that I am not able to ping arcgis server machine. i got time out. 

I will check that, could that be a reason?

REgards,

DLL

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

It could be. If you cannot access the SQL machine from the ArcGIS machine that is an issue.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Hello George,

after IT checked ping, i was able to ping server but the error persist. i checked for inbound rules in firewall and all was ok for enterprise ports and SQL server port. So now  I did outbound rule and after outbaund rule for SQL port I was able to validate datastore with server. 

Thanks for your help.

Regards

DLL