Data Store Fails During Configuration - Failed to get Connection String

1558
4
Jump to solution
04-08-2019 11:52 AM
PaulMcCord
Occasional Contributor

I'm installing the components of ArcGIS Enterprise. I've installed Portal, Server, and I've configured both with WebAdaptor. After completing the installation of these components, I federated Server with Portal. Everything seems to be working correctly up to this point; however, I am getting an error when I finish the configuration of Data Store. I've attached the error message. It's indicating that "Registration of database" was incomplete. And that it "Failed to get connection string from System/PublishingTools GP service". Have others had this issue before? I'm relatively new to Enterprise, so any help would be greatly appreciated in terms of interpreting this error.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulMcCord
Occasional Contributor

This error has been addressed. I'm adding the solution that worked for me here:

-Access the ArcGIS Server Administrator page: https://localholst:6443/arcgis/admin/services/system/

-Restart Publishing Tools (GPServer) and PublishingToolsEx(GPServer) services manually

After restarting these services, DataStore was properly configured.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are all the built-in services running in server and portal?

0 Kudos
PaulMcCord
Occasional Contributor

It looks like about 50% of the services have been started, while about 50% are stopped.

0 Kudos
PaulMcCord
Occasional Contributor

This error has been addressed. I'm adding the solution that worked for me here:

-Access the ArcGIS Server Administrator page: https://localholst:6443/arcgis/admin/services/system/

-Restart Publishing Tools (GPServer) and PublishingToolsEx(GPServer) services manually

After restarting these services, DataStore was properly configured.

dgiersz_cuyahoga
New Contributor III

Just upgraded from 10.6.1 to 10.9.1. Everything worked fine except I could not publish hosted layers and publishing registered data worked but gave an error.

Had the same errors as you did in my logs.

So I did what you suggested, as well as increased the max number of services and max timeout (the update flagged them as too low), for the publishing services and now everything works!

Thanks for posting this question and especially posting your solution!

0 Kudos