Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with manageservice utility in ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 (Linux)

03-17-2022 07:36 PM
KatAgnew
Emerging Contributor

Long time searcher / first time poster...

I am unable to utilise the inbuilt manageservice utility (https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/develop/linux/manage-service-utility.htm) to check the status of specific services running on ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 when installed on the Linux Ubuntu 20.04 Operating system.

eg:  <ArcGIS Server installation location>/arcgis/server/tools/admin/manageservice -u admin -p admin -s http://gisserver.domain.com:6080 -n Fire -o status

configuredState: STARTED

realTimeState: STARTED

When attempting to check the status of a service using the "-o status" option, the below python error is returned:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/arcgis/server/tools/admin/.admin/manageservice.py", line 4, in <module>

_server_admin.admin.cmdline.manageservice()

File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\Resources\ArcPy\_server_admin\admin\cmdline.py", line 90, in fn_

return fn(ActionNarrator())

File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\Resources\ArcPy\_server_admin\admin\cmdline.py", line 269, in manageservice

for key, item in sorted(service.status.iteritems()):

AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'

The manageservice utility still successfully starts and stops services using the "-o start" and "-o stop" commands and using the "-l" option I can list the status of all services running on the server.

As a side note, I did notice that when using this utility briefly on ArcGIS Server 10.8.1 checking the status of a large amount of services in a scripted fashion for monitoring purposes python there were spikes in CPU utilisation (and responding with timeouts in a way we do not experience in ArcGIS Server 10.6.1).

A ticket has been logged regarding this issue, but thought i would put it out to the community as well incase someone is aware or has a way around this while i wait for a response.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KatAgnew
Emerging Contributor

Update - the above issue has now been identified as BUG-000148045

0 Kudos