Copy to Data Store - GeoAnalytics

04-04-2018 07:04 AM
deleted-user-4ympgHKYfQv_
New Contributor II

Hello,

I tried to copy a feature layer into the spatiotemporal DS via the "Copy to Data Store"-Tool. I always get an error (either trying to copy it to the spatiotemporal or relational DS):

Start Time: Mittwoch, 4. April 2018 15:51:00
Running script CopyToDataStore...
Failed script Copy To Data Store...
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\copytodatastore.py", line 32, in <module>
    ga = GeospatialAnalysisTasks(analysis_type)
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\gautils\utilities.py", line 16, in __call__
    return self.func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\geoanalyticssoap.py", line 31, in __init__
    self.token = auth_params.get("token")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
 Failed to execute (CopyToDataStore).
Failed at Mittwoch, 4. April 2018 15:51:00 (Elapsed Time: 0,05 seconds)

Any idea what's wrong with the tool?

BR,

Carsten

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

It seems like the auth_params variable is a NoneType object, which is the result of arcpy.GetSignInToken(). In python within Pro, can you run

auth_params = arcpy.GetSigninToken()

You should get a token back. If you don't, can you verify you're signed into an ArcGIS Enterprise portal?

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Carsten Hogertz,

Jonathan Quinn‌ is right - this is usually something token related.  We sometimes see this when you switch your active portal within the Pro session. Can you make sure you have set your portal with GeoAnalytics as your active portal and are signed in. Can you then restart Pro and try running a GeoAnalytics tool again?

If that doesn't work, can you go Map Viewer in portal and make sure you're able to run a GeoAnalytics tool there? If you can't, you might not have the correct permissions.

Thanks,

Sarah

GeoAnalytics Product Engineer

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Sarah Ambrose,

hi JQuinn-esristaff,

you guy were right. I wasn't connected. 

Anyway, I still get an error running the "copy to data store" tool. Following setting:

1. I've got 2 FL; no.1 with around 2,000 features, FL no. 2 with around 800,000 features.

2. FLs are stored in a SDE Postgres DB.

Copying FL no.1 is no problem. FL no.2 finishes after HOURS(!!) with "Failed to copy". This happens copying to the relational as well as to the spatiotemporal DS. What can I do to debug/troubleshoot?

I'm using this in a GeoAnalytics machine setup, designed for BigData. But till now I only experience problems handling and analyzing BD. Very disillusioning.

Best Regards,

Carsten

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Carsten_Nexiga‌,

Can you please confirm if you are also seeing this problem with a hosted layer in ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi SAmbrose-esristaff‌,

I use this tools always in ArcGIS Pro.

Happens there.

BR,

Carsten

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hello Carsten_Nexiga‌,

Can you try using a hosted layer? In that case, do you still see the issue?

Best,

Sarah

0 Kudos