Collaboration guest can send but not receive?

11-22-2019 11:40 AM
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

I have a collaboration between our ArcGIS online org and our Enterprise portal (10.6). It will update items shared from the guest (portal) to the host (org) but items shared to the host workspace are not syncing with the portal group. I have it set to send and receive on both sides. What's the deal? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Charles,

It order to send content in both directions it is necessary to set the collaboration workspace to send and receive.

Send only:

When the host selects Send as the access mode for the guest, the guest can send content to the host but does not receive any content from the host.

Receive only:  

When the host selects Receive as the access mode for the guest, the guest will receive content from the host but cannot send any content to the host.

Send and Receive

When the host selects Send and Receive as the access mode for the guest, the guest can send content to, and receive content from, the host. With each sync of the collaboration workspace, content will be updated to match how it exists in the portal of origin. The Send and Receive access mode cannot be used to handle back and forth editing of a single dataset between host and guest.

If you are still not receiving any items from ArcGIS Online when the collaboration workspace is set to Send and Receive there may be additional issues with the collaboration.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

It is set to send and receive on both the host and guest servers. Any other ideas? Thanks,cob

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Charles, 

Is the collaboration workspace set to 'share as copy' or 'share as reference'?. I would recommend temporally setting the portal logs to 'DEBUG' level. Then start a sync, record the the time the sync was initiated. Once the sync has completed review the portal logs. In particular I would look for 'WARNING' and 'SEVERE' level messages. Otherwise if you have the option you may want to open a support case to investigate further.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos