Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 is not printing features with custom print widget

05-05-2023 10:56 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello. I need your help friends.

I just installed ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 yesterday and found out that my custom print widget is not able to print feature service features. The pdf map from the print widget comes out blank with just the base layer and no features on it.  It prints image service and tile service features, but not feature service features. I'm in distress. All our agency application are built using Web AppBuilder applications and they have feature service in them because we want folks to be able to edit features, however when printing the features do not show up. This issue will render our enterprise useless.

Please help. I'm sure one of you have a resolution or work around.

Thank you,
Abi

51 Replies
GoranGobac
New Contributor III

Hi @TanuHoque  this is our BUG Nr. BUG-000158127
@AbiDhakal  So in portal you can have x number of groups.
And wenn we create referenced Service we create it as Map Service first (Map Image Layer in Portal)
Because Map Services are handled completely through ArcgGIS Server. Feature Service is an Additional function of a Map Services but Feature Service is rendered through your Browser and therefor can not support all of the Symbology and you will find your self in problems wenn you consume services with Millions of geometries.
That said when the function Feature Service in ArcGIS Server Manager is activated you get an Additional Portal Item that is Feature Layer. Each Layer can be handelnd   separately in Portal and each Item can have different Groups.
But the Problem was how the Server was handling call.
When you call an map in your browser that in our case had map service and was in specific groups  the server did not send as answer all Service tokens. Nevertheless you could see your objects but when you print  your map the print service requires this token and because it is not there it wont print.
But with Feature Service it was different because we think the call is managed by server differently then map service.
We installed Utility Patch 10.
You can test our case with Browser Dev Tools to see if you are getting all of the tokens.
Also Esri Australia had a case were they uninstalled certain Utility Patch and than it was functional again. 
From me the Problem is the lack of transparency by Esri and lack of know how and therefor support in other Esri franchises in non US Countries. If the functionality know how is also given to other countries it is then highly likely that the Problem analysis and solution will be provided in an reasonable time and impact to customers want be so high.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@GoranGobac Thank you for the information. I will work with Esri tech support to see if I can also install Utility Patch 10. I will also go through the other things you mention in your message. I hope it works out for me too. I will let you know.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@GoranGobac  Makes me wonder what version of ArcGIS Enterprise you are using. I have ArcGIS Enterprise11.1 and just got done installing both the Network Utility Patches:
1. ArcGIS Server 11.1 Utility Network and Data Management Patch
2. ArcGIS Server 11.1 Utility Network and Feature Service Patch

This did not resolve it. I will keep trying and inform you.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
GoranGobac
New Contributor III

Hi @AbiDhakal  we are using 10.8.1.
And we have once every 3 Months fixed dates where we patch our Environments. First Dev then staging then Prod. Goal is that the system is fully patched 

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

Hi @GoranGobac You have a great workflow. Unfortunately, I only have Prod environment. Thank you.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

hello all,

We can confirm that the new Utility Network patch does not have any fix for this particular issue. As I mentioned before, we are working on a fix with the intention of releasing that as a patch to resolve this issue for both 11.1 and 10.9.1 (with a patch).

I apologize for the delay.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

hello everybody,

We are happy to report the fix for 11.1 has just been released as a patch. Here is the link: https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates/2023/arcgis-server-11-1-print-service-patch

Please let us know if you run into any issues.

We appreciate your patience very much

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@TanuHoqueThank you for posting the patch.

0 Kudos
WoutervanderHulst
New Contributor II

Hi TanuHoque,

We have just upgraded our Dev environment from 10.9.1 to 11.1 and seem to be having some issues with the built-in printingtools. We have the print service patch installed.

Seems like this issue: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/arcgis-enterprise-11-1-print-services-not-...

Attempt in Browser 1: Print with Basemap and 1 Organisation Shared service succeeded. Some time later the same print results in an failed print from the Mapviewer. With in de Server log on INFO "Request user: Anonymous user, Service: <SERVICE PATH HERE>"

At that time an attempt in Incognito and another Browser: Print succeeds. Is this a knwow thing and is there any solution for this issue? The info logs in this case have:  "Request user: <useraccount>, Service: <SERVICE PATH HERE>".

I am logged in as the same user in all cases.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

hello all,

another update, folks who ran into this issue after applying a patch on 10.9.1, please install this recent patch and that should resolve it.

https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates/2023/arcgis-server-map-and-feature-service-security-2...

best regards,

Tanu

0 Kudos