Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 is not printing features with custom print widget

05-05-2023 10:56 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello. I need your help friends.

I just installed ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 yesterday and found out that my custom print widget is not able to print feature service features. The pdf map from the print widget comes out blank with just the base layer and no features on it.  It prints image service and tile service features, but not feature service features. I'm in distress. All our agency application are built using Web AppBuilder applications and they have feature service in them because we want folks to be able to edit features, however when printing the features do not show up. This issue will render our enterprise useless.

Please help. I'm sure one of you have a resolution or work around.

Thank you,
Abi

51 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

IMPORTANT NOTES (clarification):

I am NOT asking anyone to make services public. A bit of communication in that area that happened up in the chain was ONLY for testing purpose to acquire some information help us debug this issue.

We understand this is a bug and we are working on to resolve this as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience and apologies for inconvenience. We are NOT at all suggesting making secured services public as a work around or anything like that.

0 Kudos
GoranGobac
New Contributor III

Hi @TanuHoque  this is the BUG. It was created yesterday from an Request Case.
BUG-000158127
Br
Goran

ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a link to this bug specifically? I've tried searching on ESRI's new tech support page but I can't find the actual information about the bug. I encountered this issue during an upgrade of our test environment, and this is severe enough to delay upgrading.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@ZachBodenner @TanuHoque 

Hey Zach,

I have not yet been given a BUG number for this issue. My understanding is Esri is still working on honing into the issue before they give me a BUG number. I have tagged Tanu on this message, I understand, he is working between me and my Esri support. He should be able to give you a good status on where we stand on this case. You are absolutely correct. This issue needs to be fixed sooner than later.

Also, for your information please check BUG - 000158201. It is a little different, but it also pertains to Enterprise 11.1. Layer published from Enterprise 11.1 loses style and is not colored in map View Classic.

Thank you for your inquiry,
Abi

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

Still not resolved.

0 Kudos
GoranGobac
New Contributor III

@AbiDhakal  for us the thing that resolved the BUG was the latest Utility Patch. 
Our Esri Partners have no clue why that is.
Problem with our BUG was that the Server wasn't giving ID Key and therefor the Print Service could not Print, but only the referenced Map Services wich had Group policy's in Portal, because it needed this Id Key.
Services with Feature Function activated could be printed as Feature Services.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@GoranGobac @that is nice to hear. I didn't understand about the group policy. How is it that the map service has group policy and not the feature service? How can I have the feature service to have group policy so it begins to print. What is the latest Enterprise/Portal Utility Patch?

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @GoranGobac. I'm glad to know that your particular issue got resolved with the latest Utility Network patch. Would you mind share the link to the patch?

That said, we doubt this patch resolves the original issue. We can confirm once you share the link.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Just to provide an update. We are looking at a potential fix with a plan to release as a patch soon. Once we have it is tested and gets released, I will update this thread.

We really appreciate all your patience and keep us posted with your workflow etc. We can't thank you enough.

GeoinfoGeoinfo
New Contributor

Hi @TanuHoque, we also have the same problem in the muncipalities of Staffanstorp and Kävlinge in Sweden. We just installed the network utility patch but it did not resolve the issue.

0 Kudos